How do I set up an online programme?
- Click on Add session
- Select: Online (with network area)
- Name the programme component
- Enter the start and end time of that programme component
- Description: this field is meant to set the scene and describe the whole programme or a description of that programme component. Want to set up a programme with separate programme components? Put a livestream URL in each programme component!
- Select the option Mandatory attendance if participants are obliged to watch that programme component
Bare in mind: Participants cannot plan a meeting with each other during these Mandatory sessions.
- Is selectable: if the programme component is a selectable session, this option should be checked (in Spots available the capacity of that session can be displayed)
- Display category: if a programme component should be placed under an extra alternative programme, please type the name of that programme component (view helparticle Alternative programme for more information). For example, a programme with only virtual living rooms.
- Web page URL* is for placing the URL of the livestream/virtual living room/networkcarrousel*. When you place a URL here extra options will pop up:
Auto open URL when it’s time to start: if you want the livestream to automatically open for everyone at the start time, check this box
Button text: give a description of the button to open the livestream or enter the virtual living room here
Button description: this is an optional field to enter an extra short description of the button text
Enable button: click on the dropdown button to indicate when the button to go to the livestream/virtual living room should be clickable
Showing to: click on the dropdown button to indicate for whom the button to go to the livestream/virtual living room should be visible (e.g. for everyone or only participants who selected the programme component)
Sidestream URL: if you want to use the chat of your livestream, please place the URL chat stream here
In the Network Area dropdown you can indicate when the Networking Square should be open for participants to start networking
Note: This option is already presented when you choose the Type of session as Online.
*examples of suitable livestream channels are: Zoom, Webex, Microsoft Teams, Youtube, Vimeo (YouTube en Vimeo can be embedded in the Networkapp platform instead of opening on a second tab).
Want to show a video instead of a livestream? Find out how: ‘Show videos in the app’.
Build your event app demo in less than 15 minutes and try it out with your team.